Job Purpose:To provide close protection to high value loads and assist with the co-ordination and recovery of cargo in case of a hi-jacking.
- Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent (NQF level 4).
- PSIRA Grade B.
- Valid driver’s license.
- An advanced driving course would be beneficial.
- Minimum 5 (five) years working experience in the Armed Response/ Escort industry.
- Business Firearm competency.
• E-mail CV to hrcombinedpi.co.za, or
• Call (011) 265 3601 (Ask for Inanje Wolmarans) for any additional information.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Escort high value cargo during transit via established routes to destination by driving behind and or in front of it as per SOP.
- Responsible for the protection of high-value cargo in transit.
- Proactively decrease the risk of any high jacking by screening the area and looking for potential threats.
- Operate escorting vehicle according to traffic rules and South African laws.
- Anticipate possible threats while high-value goods are in transit.
- Monitor the situation and activate Standard Operating Procedure.
- When confronted with a threat situation, the employee must respond in line with the Standard Operating Procedures and all governing laws.
- React to threats without posing a risk to the public.
- Follow the company policies and procedures when reporting incidents.
- Maintain proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment and firearms.
- Monitor and report activities and incidents to management as per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare log sheets according to company policies and procedures.
- Complete all administrative requirements.