Our Client a Manufacturer in Milnerton is looking for a Financial Controller to join their team.
Salary Negotiable to experience
- Matric or NQF equivalent
- Preferably a BComm degree or similar qualification
- Ideally completed articles (SAICA/SAIPA)
- 5 years’ experience in similar role - Ideally in a retail or FMCG environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced knowledge of SAGE X3 would be an advantage, or at the minimum, advanced knowledge of a similar ERP system.
- Provide overall management and leadership to the finance department and ensures that all finance department staff are trained and well versed in their requirements.
- The controller will oversee the management of all departmental KPI’s and ensure that the outcome of the team achieves the business requirements aligned to the Companies vision i.e. best practice.
- Work very closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth operation of all finance and accounting matters.
- The Financial Controller will ensure that accurate accounting records are maintained by the accounting staff and will ensure all issues are timeously and adequately addressed.
- Ensure accurate, reliable, consistent and timeous accounting for Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, other receivables and payables, banking, fixed assets, income and expenditure.
- The Financial Controller will oversee and be ultimately responsible for the company trial balance and ensure the accuracy of all general ledger accounts.
- Overall responsibility for the accurate, timeous and complete preparation of all balance sheet reconciliations, carefully prepared monthly.
- The finance controller will be expected to review and approve all monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure strong quality control over all financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop suitable standard operating procedures (SOP) for all company accounting functions.
- Ensure adherence of IFRS in all accounting operations.
- Preparation of all statutory requirements (i.e.: VAT, Provisional tax, and income tax returns).
- Fixed Asset register control
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements.
- The analysis of any financial data required by the Finance Manager or the Finance and Operations Director.
- The Finance Controller will oversee and manage the finance month.
- Oversee management of company insurance and the tracking and filing of all company agreements
Email your CV to: cvfroggsa.co.za
Frogg Recruitment SA