Our client is looking for a Senior Payroll Administrator from a Manufacturing and FMCG backgrounds who is a responsible, for thefull VIP Payroll function for up to 600 staff (Casuals, Wages and Permanent staff). Candidate MUST be MEIBC Registered. The incumbent will need to lead and support 2 wage clerks to ensure that all payroll processes are completed efficiently and timeously and also to ensure that the processes are lawfully compliant, with the necessary audit controls in place. VIP A MUST, 7-10 YEAR a MUST!!!
Salary: Top end salary Very Attractive Negotiable Salary + (Pension / Provident Fund and Medical Aid)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric, with Tertiary degree or diploma (advantageous)
- Must have solid 7-10 Years working experience in a payroll/ financial role.
- SAGE VIP Payroll Qualification (Essential) A MUST!!!!
- Computer Literacy: MS Office Package as well as CATS
- Candidates with working experience in manufacturing environment, registered with the MEIBC bargaining council.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Monthly and weekly payroll – Large Volumes – SAGE VIP Payroll 600 members
- Manage and staff development of 2 Wage Clerks
- Reconciliations for month end accounts (3rd party payments)
- Tax year end IRP 5 submissions as well as mid-year tax submissions
- All payroll errors, backs, SARS and or VIP Payroll version updates
- Liaising with Standard bank for conversion options and limit increases (bathes or individual limits)
- Uploading payments
- Severance package applications to SARS and correspondence handling.
- All input into Salaries and assistance with wage payroll if so required.
- Wages time and attendance extracts into VIP is done through an interface with Time and Attendance system called BEST TIME.
- Experience with a similar T&A system would be advantageous, but not a primary requirement.
- The position accept full responsibility for the payroll and the roll is such that it operates independently and can handle all payroll related problem solving independent (No Managerial support – only that of SAGE VIP Consultants and call centres, unless the problems arising is of IT nature)
- General Ledger interpretations and understanding, especially how it interfaces into an accounting system (debits and credits) is of utmost importance.
- Oversee the WAGE Administratorensuring that she meets the cut off times, payroll checking before importing batches into Standard Bank and assist with capturing in December or pressurised times with short work weeks (Public holidays or year-end leave pay-outs).
- Must experience administering payroll with a Factory concern. (Not corporate Payroll Administrators)
- Ensure accurate and efficient input of payroll data on weekly and monthly basis, including but not limited to:
- All weekly and monthly employees must be paid on time, for actual hours worked. Only bona fide employees are paid, and all payrolls are authorized.
- Prepare loan repayment files for 3rd parties.
- Processing of account payments
- Prepare and review files for input into CATS system.
- Create and store Backup and roll overs on VIP.
- Review of exception reports.
- Statutory deductions and payments
- Month end processes and Year-end audit processes
- Budget input, Medical Aid Administration and Reporting
Please apply online
Frogg Recruitment SA