We are a national Network Operator who physically constructs and maintains our own infrastructure in South Africa and a few African countries. We are looking for an Intermediate level IT Technician to assist
Our Head of Security, the successful candidate would be moulded into a purpose-built maintenance position with strong teachings in automation and all-round smart ways of going about using software (Using apps to their 100%) – you are a genius already, and we will help you realise your full potential 😉
Being an IT support Technician, it would be expected to see lots of experience in dealing with humans and the various applications that people tend to use – this requires a passion for people – which we are sure you have as well as a love for anything IT.
We provide many opportunities for growth and much training in an exciting career.
Access to formal training materials and qualifications are provided.
You should please live within a reasonable distance from Rivonia JHB and have your own transport.
- Solid 3+ years desktop support experience – is everyone always calling you for help when something goes wrong with their PC? Then this is the right position for you 😊
- Wide exposure to applications and solutions, A level 2 IT support tech whom could assist in the day to day configuration and maintenance of solutions.
- CompTia A+, N+ advantageous.
- Knowledge of basic Windows Server support and configurations.
- In-depth knowledge of Desktop Support.
- Installation of MS workstation operating systems and recent versions of MS office packages.
- Knowledge of hardware, software and basic networking troubleshooting.
- Solution finder and as wide exposure to applications as possible.
- Own cell phone is a must.
- Driver Licence (B) required.
- An ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A team player.
- Excellent communication skills on all levels.
- Ability to work unscheduled hours and days when required.
Any interest in development and scripting highly advantageous (we are hoping to find the “if I can’t find it, build it” mentality) as one won’t fully understand software until it is built and broken down.