Well established company is looking for a Senior Planner with Retail experience. Must have Fashion experience. The senior planner acts as business manager and is primarily responsible for ensuring that the products appear in the right store at the appropriate time and in the correct quantities.
Salary – Negotiable + Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline (Accounting/Mathematics) would be preferable; otherwise on the job experience of 5+ years is a requirement.
- 5+ years of planning /merchandise experience in retail merchandise planning, demand forecast
- Inventory management, inventory allocation or replenishment, financial planning or financial analysis
- Must have Advanced Excel experience
The key responsibilities of this position:
- Analyse past sales figures / trends to anticipate future product
- Strategic Planning
- Inventory Management
- Manage the Performance of the team
- Devising a merchandising plan using the above
- Communicating the merchandising plan to the buyer, who can then decide what products, styles, colours etc.to purchase from which suppliers at what quantities.
- Devising a contract for the suppliers, including quality control, accuracy and flexibility, which is done throughout the season
- Allocating certain amounts of stock to each outlet throughout the season to minimise unnecessary stock holdings for maximum budgetary
- Once the products are distributed and put on sale, the retail planner can then monitor stock movement, consider markdowns, inter-branch transfers, promotions as well as liaise with the store manager(s) and interior designer(s) to ensure the products are presented to the potential customers in the most attractive manner possible.
- The broad brief of the retail planner job description encompasses everything from selecting store locations where the products will be sold, coordinating deliveries so products will be available during peak buying periods and setting the correct prices to balance attracting customers with maximising profits.
Please apply online
Frogg Recruitment SA