Job Purpose: To provide visible patrolling on sites, immediate armed reaction, incident management and operational support for critical services that support the operations of Combined Private Investigations and to ensure that all matters are addressed in a prompt, efficient, and professional manner.
• E-mail CV to hrcombinedpi.co.za, or
• Call (011) 265 3601 (Ask for Inanje Wolmarans) for any additional information.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Armed Response
- React immediately to all relevant alarms of Combined Private Investigations or its clients.
- If the alarm is positive, assess the situation and keep the Control Room informed at all times of any new activity.
- Perform arrests on any intruders or other offenders, they are to be kept in your custody.
- Liaise with the SAPS, management and other relevant parties to ensure that the suspects are handed over to the SAPS in a lawful manner.
- Ensure that the response times are according to the stipulated SOP’s.
- React immediately to situations where any member of the public’s life is in danger.
- Ensure the safety of all members (this includes the public) by checking premises thoroughly.
- Take detailed notes of all activity at the crime scene, take photos and conduct a full investigation on the scene.
- Report back to the Control Room regarding the request for response.
- Conduct client reconnaissance as and when required.
Execute waylay operations as and when required.
- Record all incidents in the Occurrence Book (OB) with full details as prescribed in the Standard Operating Procedure as well as to HOD: Investigations and Intelligence.
- Do a proper hand over at the end of each shift in the Occurrence Book (OB) as per the Standard Operating Procedure.
- Ensure that the firearm and vehicle is handed over according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that weekly reports are completed and submitted to the relevant personnel in time.
Ensure that monthly reports are completed and submitted to the relevant personnel in time. Ensure that the following information is included:
- Sites that were not secured.
- Alarms and cameras activated.
- False alarms.
- True / positive alarms and outcome thereof.
- Inform the relevant parties of any discrepancies; follow up actions taken and the progress thereof.
3. Site checks:
- Do regular site inspections (Daily) and ensure to cover all the vulnerable areas.
- Ensure visibility at standoff points and during area patrols.
- Conduct continuous patrols during the duration of the shift, patrols must be done effectively to ensure a visible security service to curb crime.
- Ensure that suspicious activity is reported to management at all times.
- Investigate or respond to unusual or suspicious circumstances (this may include taking photos of the site).
- Assist to prevent theft, arson, sabotage, vandalism and crime in general in the area.
- Inform the Control Room about any defects or defaults to any site or area.
4. Crime Prevention:
- Develop and foster an interactive relationship with internal and external crime affiliated third parties and law enforcement agencies to combat and minimize criminal activities.
- Formulate relevant preventative measures to minimize crime related risks.
- Do extensive and proactive research into the core reasons for relevant criminal activities.
- Make recommendations to fight criminal activities.
- Evaluate the protection status on hot spot areas and report it to senior management with recommendations on how to fight these criminal activities.
- Assist to develop and implement crime awareness programs and campaigns for personnel members to improve their services in the battle against criminal activities.
- Liaise with clients, management, and colleagues to ensure smooth running of all operations.
- Maintain communication with senior management and clients at all times.
- Communicate security needs and problems to senior management.
- Ensure that client complaints and requests are handled efficiently.
- Ensure that the company vehicle is neat and tidy at all times and up to date with its service plan.
- Ensure that clients are treated with the utmost sense of respect and dignity, maintain the professional image of the company at all times.
Please note: All appointments will be made in line with CPI’s AA/ EE strategy. If you do not receive any feedback from us within (2) weeks of submitting your CV, please regard your application as unsuccessful. However, if you are invited for an interview we will keep you informed of the progress of your application.