We are a national Network Operator who physically constructs and maintains our own infrastructure in South Africa and a few African countries. We are looking for an experienced Wireless Surveyor / Planner/Scouter to form part of the current survey and link planning team.
- You will be trained in the career direction of surveyor/planner and be involved in high site negotiations in a service provider environment. In-Field experience on Microwave installations and survey’s is a must when applying for this position. (minimum of 5 years)
- Access to formal training materials and qualifications are provided.
- You should please live within a reasonable distance from Rivonia JHB and have your own transport/ transport will be provided when working out of office.
- Salary is dependent on experience.
- Extensive knowledge and infield experience on Wireless Link builds and Power Solutions.
- Expert knowledge and skills in Wireless Networks (5GHz), Microwave, and V-Sat.
- Must be able to conduct Site Survey’s and build Survey documents.
- Must be able to do planning with Pathloss and Cambium PtP Planner.
- Must be able to scout new High Sites and perform site negotiations.
- Must be able to scope large onsite WIFI solutions and present proposals.
- Must be able to scope large data network & fibre solutions.
- Extensive Safety background to assist in building site safety files where required.
- Knowledge and certification of Mikrotik routers or Ubiquiti or Microwave wireless links would be an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of data-networks CAT3/5/6 E, cabinet builds and onsite WIFI solutions.
- Integral understanding of wireless infrastructure builds.
- Ability to meet immovable deadlines.
- Possess a good team spirit and have the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Taking initiative to identify and resolve problems.